Mrs J Moore
© Bedwell Primary
"The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Excellent behaviour is a key feature of lessons and makes a significant contribution to pupils' learning."
Bedwell School, like all other schools and most organisations, has a wide range of policies which explain the way that we organise ourselves and do things. These govern everything from Behaviour to Maths teaching, and are renewed every 3 years.
Links to all of our current policies are listed below:
- Admissions Guidance - Herts County Council's guidance booklet for primary school admissions - further information on admissions can be found here.
- Behaviour Policy - lays out the system we use to ensure that everyone is treated fairly has the same high expectations for behaviour.
- Chid Protection Policy - all the things we do to make sure that the School is a safe, secure place and that everything we do is run responsibly.
- eSafety Policy - describes the steps we take to ensure that we use IT and personal data safely, and that we learn how to use the internet sensibly.
- Leave of Absence Policy - explains the rules surrounding staff absences.
- Maths Calculation Policy - lays out the way we teach addition, subtraction, multiplication and division throughout the School, progressing in clear steps from Year 1 to Year 6
- Mental Maths Policy - a step-by-step overview of the way we teach key mental maths strategies throughout the School.
- Pupil Premium Policy - explains how we spend the additional funding we recieve to narrow the gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers
- Safer Recruitment Policy - explains the steps that the school goes through to attract the best possible applicants for all jobs and ensure that all staff are suitable for their roles.
- SEN Policy - explains how we identify and support children with Special Educational Needs.
- Whistleblowing Policy - describes the process that staff should follow if they believe colleagues are acting improperly.