Mrs J Moore
© Bedwell Primary
"Pupils take on additional responsibilities through the democratically elected school council and support each other to resolve concerns..."
At the beginning of the year, each class selects two School Council Representatives. Candidates make speeches and secret voting takes place, before one girl and one boy are elected to represent the interests of their class on School Council. Our current School Councillors are as follows - you can read the brilliant speeches they made by clicking on the links alongside their names
- Class 3a - Sienna Cook & Eli Moulton [ speeches ]
- Class 3b - Amy King & Mitchell O'Reilly [ speeches ]
- Class 4a - Aleena Mughal & Ethan Nisbet [ speeches ]
- Class 4b - Dixcie Ruddock & Kenzie Cole [ speeches ]
- Class 5 - Mo Musonza & Connor Conboy [ speeches ]
- Class 6 - Maddison O'Reilly & Samuel Poulter [ speeches ]
- Class 7 - Abigail Entwistle & Alfie Smith [ speeches ]
- Class 8 - Lily Street & Ethan Atkinson [ speeches ]
- Class 9 - Emmie Batten & Bradley Evans [ speeches ]
- Class 10 - Olga Zajaczkowska & Jacob Herron [ speeches ]
Council meetings take place every few weeks, discussing all sorts of school issues, from proposed events and trips to ideas for improving the playground. For instance, this year the Council has organised a Bake Sale that raised over £400, worked with staff to promote Anti-Bullying Week and discussed ways to spend money on new Golden Time equipment.
School Council is supported by Mrs Draper. If you have an idea that you think should be discussed by School Council, why not email us here.