Mrs J Moore
© Bedwell Primary
Art & DT
"All leaders are committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all pupils so that they achieve well."
Learning about art means a lot more than just being taught how to use a paintbrush - its all about learning how to look closely at pictures and objects, and discovering how to make really careful, controlled movements. Consequently, it's really important that everyone has the opportunity to explore and learn about a huge range of styles, materials and approaches - and, as you'll see from the examples of work listed below, that's exactly what we aim to provide at Bedwell.
What we've been doing this term
- Year 3/4 were visited by London based artist Michelle Reader, who uses recycled material to create large scale sculptures, linked to their work in English on the story of Gwain and the Green Knight. They had time to ask questions and learn about what life is like for a successful artist and what they would need to do to have a career in the arts... [ read more ]
- Year 2 were also visited by a professional artist earlier this term, who led a 'paper making' workshop, recycling old materials into new (much more colourful) paper designs... [ read more ]
- Linked to their Science work on space, Year 5 created some highly effective planet pictures. Using chalks they blended our colour choices together to create a spherical effect... [ read more ]
- Members of our Cartoon Club have really enjoyed developing their artistic skills, with great help from Mrs Draper, drawing a host of their favourite animated characters... [ read more ]
- Foundation Stage finished off the Autumn Term with a fantastic Christmas Craft day. Family members were invited in to join their children (and teachers) in making a range of Christmassy items from card, felt, beads and glitter - which gave us a great chance to practice our cutting, gluing and planning skills, as well as talking about colours, shapes and the effect we wanted to achieve... [ read more ]
[ click on the link below to download ]